International Country Risk Guide (ICRG)
On a monthly basis since 1980, ICRG has produced political, economic, and financial risk ratings for countries important to international business. ICRG now monitors 140 countries. ICRG ratings form the basis of an early warning system for opportunities and pitfalls, country-by-country. This warning system now includes a graphic presentation, in the form of Global Maps of Political Risk. ICRG Risk Ratings have been independently acclaimed in such publications as Barron's, The Economist, The Wall Street Journal, and IMF white papers. Testing has proven ICRG's reliability and its uniqueness:
- Longest history of country risk data for analysis
- Easy to customize and merge with in-house systems
- Useful for mutinational firms, banks, and equity and currency traders
Products based upon the ICRG methodology are as follows:
- International Country Risk Guide is published online, in print and on CD-ROM. Each monthly issue of this journal monitors 140 countries and includes more than 100 pages of financial, political and economic risk ratings. It offers analyses of events that affect the risk ratings in about 20-25 countries along with the economic and financial data underlying financial and economic risk ratings. The online and CD-ROM versions include the current issue and 12 months of previously published data. All subscribers to ICRG also receive a monthly edition of the Global Maps of Political Risk, pointing them to key changes in risk since the last issue.
- ICRG Data, including current data published in the journal and historical data (risk ratings and economic statistics) back to 1984, are available separately in digital formats.
- International Country Risk Guide Annual is a seven-volume set published annually, designed for university libraries, to provide cost effective access to ICRG's coverage of 140 countries over the previous twelve months. For more information on this and related publications for academia, please go to Academic Titles.